Top 12 Blessings in the New Covenant

drum_e2rIn Christ we can participate in all of the blessings God promised to Abraham (Gal 3:14,29). We also get all of the blessings promised under the law covenant and none of the curses (Gal 3:13).

This is pretty amazing when you think about the blessings God offered in the Old Testament:

To Abraham and his descendants God promised greatness, fruitfulness, great reward, world-reaching blessing, and more (see Gen 12:2-3, 15:1, 17:4-8, 22:18).

To those who kept the law God promised long life, fruitfulness, abundant prosperity, protection, and more (Deut 5:33, 28:3-13).

In addition to these wonderful promises, there are at least 12 awesome blessings God promises to His people exclusively under His new covenant of grace. Here they are in no particular order:

1. God forgives all our sins (Matt 26:28, Acts 13:38). Our sins are not merely covered by the blood of bulls and goats, they are paid for and taken away by the Lamb of God (Jn 1:29). At the cross, justice was satisfied. His forgiveness is perfectly complete.

2. God remembers our sins no more (Heb 8:12, 10:17; Jer 31:34). In terms of justification it’s as if we never did them.

3. God promises never to be angry with us again (Is 54:7-10). Unlike the obsolete covenant of law, the new covenant is an everlasting covenant of love and peace (Is 54:10, 55:3). God will never stop doing good to us (Jer 32:40).

4. God qualifies us (Col 1:12). It’s no longer a case of what we do (under the law covenant) or who we’re related to (under the Abrahamic covenant). It’s who we trust.

5. Jesus takes hold of us and never lets go (Php 3:12, Ju 24). Nothing can separate us from the love of God (Rms 8:39). Consequently we can speak of our hope as a “firm and secure” anchor for the soul (Heb 6:19).

6. God credits us with the perfect righteousness of Jesus (2 Cor 5:21). Righteousness is not earned, it is received (Rms 5:17). Because of Jesus’ sacrifice our status before God is “perfect forever” (Heb 10:14).

7. God gives us the Holy Spirit to teach us (Jn 14:26), empower us (Acts 1:8) and remind us of our righteousness (Jn 16:10). We no longer need priests to mediate for us, for now we can all know the Lord (Jer 31:34). We are His royal priests (1 Pet 2:9).

8. God is for us (Rms 8:31)! God justifies us and there is no more condemnation (Rms 8:1). When we sin, Jesus doesn’t judge us, He defends us (1 Jn 2:1). His grace enables us to overcome sin (Tit 2:12). He abundantly supplies all our needs (Ph 4:19) that we might enjoy life to the full (Jn 10:10). God’s favor is unearned and unmerited.

9. God is with us (Ez 37:27)! Because of Jesus the door to the throne room is always open (Heb 4:16). We can approach Him with freedom and confidence (Eph 3:12).

10. God empowers us to overcome the enemy (1 Jn 5:4). We have His delegated authority over demons and disease (Mk 16:17). We live under His divine protection (Lk 10:19). We are destined to “reign in life” (Rms 5:17).

11. God offers us His rest (Heb 4:10-11). Under the old covenant it was do, do, do. Under the new covenant it’s done, done, done (Jn 19:30). We are seated with Christ in heavenly places (Eph 2:6).

12. God gives us eternal life (Rms 6:23).

What must we do to inherit these promises? Trust in Jesus. Bet your life on Him. Take the crown off your head and lay it at His feet. Choose to believe what the Bible says about Him, that He died for the sins of the world – including yours – and rose victorious from the dead. Let others know that He is your Redeemer and King. Ask Him to fill you with His Spirit that you might know Him more.

If you’ve not done any of that before, how about right now?

___
enjoy_signup

Comments

1. Tung Lee says:

Amen

• Dennis Xenos says:

Thank God for the blood of Jesus that cleanses us of all our sin so we can stand before God, forgiven, spotless and perfect.

Not by our works but as an affirmative response to the precious gift that he offers us all.

God loved me first so that I can love him back with his love shed abroad in my heart.

My confession is: “Jesus is the Lord of my life” Amen!!

2. Paul, what a blessing it was to read this!! I loved it!!

In Grace
    Andre van der Merwe

3. Susana Vivas says:

Amen! Amen! Amen…..

4. Am A Ugandan in East Africa, But one thing which I had never known is that God is this Good,He died for Me, Cleansed, And made to sit with Him in the Heavenly places, That he lives inside me, That am free, and forgiven, that His Grace is far Greater than my Failings. I jst love reading your articles, they remind me of God’s Grace……

• Hi Kintu,
      Great to hear from you. I think you are the first person to write from Uganda. I’m glad you’re enjoying the blog, but even more glad that you are walking in His amazing grace. God bless!

5. Isn’t He awesome and amazing?? I mean Jesus our Lord and savior.sorry Paul .just humor. Thank you Paul for such a great insight. Love it and God Bless

6. gracias SENOR por tu gracia.

7. Thank you Lord…I will have it all. Amen!
    Thanks for writing this Paul Blessings to you!

8. Irene Kay Clark says:

I discovered your blog today. Thank you for the true words! I was trapped in religion for years and suffered needlessly every day. Due to writers, such as yourself, you are bringing life to me! God is life! Thank you!

9. Thank You Jesus Christ

10. Did you not have a sequel to this post, about 10 or 12 more blessings of the NC? Things like food, and so on – a bit more whimsical? I can’t seem to find it any more.

11. We worship The Lord;our redeemer :-)
    Aleluya!!! Amen

12. awesome, very helpful revelation

13. bombet avenido says:

wow! what amazing! through Christ alone…Corinthians 1 verse30 “Christ become our wisdom, our righteousness, our holiness and our redemption.” verse 29, as a result we do not boast about ourselves… i am bombet from Philippines… shalom!

14. so if GOD provides us everything, is it true that our good/bad deeds still “count” I guess you could say because of all the times Jesus said in the gospels that we would be rewarded or repaid at the resurrection? Heaven won’t be a communist place?

15. Ava kelvin N says:

What a loving, faithful, caring, rich, all-sufficient, covenant keeping God, Lord and father we have thru Christ JESUS…Ur luv amazes me. If u’ve nt walked into dis rest den, wat r u waitin 4?…He declared: “It is finished” n dat covers all…includin even dat conditn, weakness, and situation.

16. Hazel Mccrae says:

For a lot of years I have been a christian, Just over three years ago I had a revelation of being totally 100% forgiven of all sin for evermore. Jesus gave his life for me, I feel so special, I have the favor of God everyday, and He loves me with a never ending love.
    I am not under law anymore. I am under Grace. Thankyou Jesus you gave everything so we can be set free forevermore.

17. lutwama marvin says:

Paul the church at the moment is almost stagnant! having count its covenant ,rights and previleges therein absolete, have now embraced man made feebles and non spiritual philosophy,which have led us to fail in our God intended relationship.in uganda where i stay many so called preachers have openly come out and blasphemed And Underlooked christ And What He Did by saying that when Jesus in John19:30 said that “its finished”,the preacher said that what He meant was His own troubles,lack ,sorrows ,tears,and finally HIS(JESUS) salvation not OURS was finished !!! and that we also needed to do things in order 2 save ourselves the bishop came in praised the man’s revelations.can u imagine thats “the church”.

18. gift rumbidzai says:

when the truth is preached liberty is experienced.. I have been in these highly legalistic denominations since I was born again.. however, since then whenever I do my personal study in the new testament I would come across the true facts that you exposed in your blog. I think deceptive forces are using performance based religion to blind the simple from the truth.. I have come to realise that Apostle Paul’s messages are replete with clarifications on the gospel of grace but some preachers instills fear no condemnation in us so that we can feel we have to do something to God.. For example is some circles you will be compelled to pay a seed offering for you to enjoy the blessings of God.. I thank God for such true men of God like you who are ready to tell it as it is.. im blessed to be reading such truth.. Greetings from Zimbabwe