Update: This competition is now closed. Prizes will be going to the winner Jennie (30 books!) and Jeshurun5 (20 books!). Thanks to everyone who entered. I am inspired by your generosity and your desire to share The Gospel in Ten Words. Thank you!
Before the official release of my book, The Gospel in Ten Words, I gave away 50 free copies to E2R readers just like you. Then I gave away 50 more. Then, because I was having so much fun, I gave away 50 more. I got such a thrill from hearing back from delighted recipients.
Giving is fun!
I wish I could give away every single copy of the book but there’s this lady down at the grocery store who insists I pay for food with money. Apparently my million-dollar smile isn’t good enough. So my giving has been curtailed by the harsh realities of life.
But that shouldn’t stop you from giving. If you are in a position to give away copies of the book, I want to encourage you to go for it. I can’t tell you how thrilled we are to get emails like this: “Thank you for writing such a good book. I’ve just bought copies for my friends and family.”
Yes! That’s the thing with the good news – it wants to be shared. And there are hungry and hurting people out there who need us to share it.
You certainly don’t need my book to tell someone the good news and there are plenty of free resources here on E2R to equip you for that great commission. But if you do want to purchase copies of The Gospel in Ten Words for friends, family, and entire congregations, then I say “go for it!”
And in the spirit of giving to the givers, we have decided to run a friendly competition.
If you have been generous with The Gospel in Ten Words, use the comment box below to let us know how many copies you have given or plan to give away. At the end of this month (October) the person who has given away the most copies will receive the following bundle of prizes:
– a signed copy of The Gospel in Ten Words with a special message of thanks mailed anywhere in the world
– a limited edition Escape to Reality pen (there are only three left!)
– lunch at our place (if you can make it to Auckland)
– a guaranteed pre-advance copy of my next book (whenever that gets written)
Okay, some ground rules.
(1) This applies to the paperback version of the book only. So no burning your Kindle copy onto disks.
(2) You don’t need to show us your Amazon proof of purchase unless you win (so keep that email)
(3) We’re counting the books you give away, not books bought for personal use or re-sale
Christmas is only sixty-odd shopping days away. So beat the rush, place your Christmas orders now, and you could win a nifty pile of prizes.
And I have to tell you, nobody does lunch like Camilla!
UPDATE (24 Oct, 2012): Bulk discounts are now available here.