Wommackisms – Top 20 Andrew Wommack Quotes

If you’ve ever heard Andrew Wommack speak, you will know that he is one unique hombre. I’m not just referring to his theology – there’s a growing number of people preaching pure grace these days. I’m referring to the way he speaks.

I say this with the utmost respect, but Wommack has mastered the art of sounding like a country hick. And before you write in to complain, let me say that’s his word not mine:

“God chose the foolish things of the world to confound the wise… because people who are foolish… trust in God the most… God often uses country hicks to preach the Gospel for that very reason. I guarantee you, when you’re a hick from Texas like me, then you know it’s got to be God on your behalf or you haven’t got a chance. And there’s freedom in that!” (The True Nature of God, pp.98-9)

This time a year ago I had never heard Wommack preach. I’ve now heard him speak several times and I’ve read many of his books. He’s become one of my favorite Bible teachers. Although I was startled by his manner at first, I’ve come to appreciate his colloquialisms and his down-home wisdom. If you’ve grown up on a diet of religious mumbo-jumbo, then you may find his plainspokenness quite refreshing. To give you a taste, here are 20 of my favorite Wommackisms:

1.    “If you’d just center your thoughts and affections upon the Lord, you’d be better of accidentally than you’ve ever been on purpose!” (A Better Way to Pray, p.84)

2.    “Many Christians believe that the only difference between the Old Testament and the New is one blank page in the Bible.” (A Better Way to Pray, p.46)

3.    “God’s anointing is not based on your performance, but if you don’t open the Word, you’re stupid, because that’s where the words of life are.” (The True Nature of God, p.99)

4.    “When I minister healing to someone, I’ll pray for them two, three, four, or more times. I don’t care! I’m willing to pray for them until I rub all the hair off of their head!” (A Better Way to Pray, p.125)

5.    “Many believers haven’t seen the devil or a demon in years. He doesn’t have to come around. You’re doing a perfect job ruining your own life. He taught you how to think and act, and you’ve run with it from there – with good intentions. You’re trying to live for God, but it’s you doing it in human strength rather than God living through you.” (Grace – The Power of the Gospel, p.127)

6.    “Contrary to popular belief, faith does not move God. He’s not the one who’s stuck!” (A Better Way to Pray, p.44)

7.    “Some people are waiting until the Holy Spirit just makes them throw their hands up in the air because they’ve never done it before. ‘Well, I just don’t feel led.’ You old carnal thing!” (Grace – The Power of the Gospel, p.138)

8.    “What a sorry attitude! If I were God, the spirit of slap would come all over me!” (A Better Way to Pray, p.63)

9.    “It’s a wonder you’re not a pile of ashes! The only reason God’s not ticked off at you is because Jesus did such an effective job.” (A Better Way to Pray, p.59)

10.    “You have this new spirit on the inside of you and the only thing holding you back is your ‘stinkin’ thinkin’.” (Grace – The Power of the Gospel, p.161)

11.    “God is El Shaddai, not El Cheapo. The Lord will take care of us better than we take care of ourselves.” (Article: Financial Stewardship)

12.    “When it comes to being born again, your soul wasn’t the part of you that completely changed! If you were stupid before you were saved, you’re still stupid after being saved.” (Spirit, Soul, and Body, p.6)

13.    “When my wife and I first started out in ministry, we were so poor we couldn’t even pay attention!” (You’ve Already Got It, p.16)

14.    “One of the things I’ve learned is that many Christians never let the Bible get in the way of what they believe.” (Article: Hebrews Highlights)

15.    “In Genesis, why didn’t the devil choose a tiger?… Why didn’t he have a wooly mammoth just stick its foot on top of her head and demand, ‘Eat the fruit or I’ll crush your skull?’” (You’ve Already Got It, p.115)

16.    “The devil isn’t a true lion; he just walks around roaring like one trying to intimidate the Body of Christ. But the truth is, he’s had his teeth pulled, and all he can do now is gum you.” (You’ve Already Got It, p.120)

17.    “If you never bump into the devil, it’s because you’re going in the same direction.” (Article: How to Be Happy)

18.    “It’s wrong, wrong, wrong!” (You’ve Already Got It, p.150, when discussing spiritual mapping and missions trips where people have been instructed not to preach the gospel)

19.    “Most Christians say, ‘Well, I’m only human, you know. I’m just a man.’ That’s stinkin’ thinkin’! I was only human, but then I became born again. There’s part of me now that’s wall-to-wall Holy Ghost.” (You’ve Already Got It, p.167)

20.    “That’ll put a shout in a fence post!” (You’ve Already Got It, p.28)

I know there are a few of Wommack fans out there reading this because I regularly get emails from people enrolled in Charis Bible College. Tell me, what’s your favorite Wommackism?
___
Related posts:
- “You’ve Already Got It” by Andrew Wommack
- “God Wants You Well” by Andrew Wommack
- “Grace – The Power of the Gospel” by Andrew Wommack

Comments

1. “If you don’t know your authority in Christ, satan will eat your lunch and pop the bag.”
    “If you are not built up in the Word of God, when trials come you will fall apart like a $2 suitcase.”
    “Sometimes I get so mad at religious folks leading people astray that I want to nuke em ’til they glow and shoot em in the dark.”

• Hey Becky,
      Sorry about your commet, you should look up the meaning of the word religious before you judge anyone.

• @Jerry, These are (roughly) quotes I remember from Andrew, not mine. (thus the name of this thread) I am a CBC grad and was an apprentice for Andrew. He doesn’t have a judgmental bone in his body, but he does like to poke fun.

• vermag says:

God is definitely at the top of the food chain.:)

2. My favorite one is that if your not careful Satan will eat your lunch nap pop the bag. Haha

3. 1greatvoyage says:

this is a funny post, yep, I recognize a lot of the “wommmack-isms”….here’s a couple that come to mind:

-something about “that’s more ridiculous than a hen with teeth”

-”if you don’t know that, then Satan’s gonna eat your lunch and POP the BAG!”

4. Yes, Andrew is my spiritual father and I’m a Charis bible College Student as well…one my favs of his is: An old blind squirrel can find a nut once and a while, usually meant when he talks about people praying to God for something that has already been given in Jesus.

• Don’t shout me down when I’m preaching good. I love Andrew Wommack, ” spirit of slap just comes on me”

5. Excellent stuff Paul! I love the way Andrew refers to himself and I love his plainspokeness.

When a dear friend tried to introduce me to his teaching I couldn’t stand his accent and just refused to listen – now I cannot wait to be at the European Minister’s Conference each year to hear what God has revealed to Andrew. The guy tells it like it is and if we had more pastors, ministers, evangelists etc who were prepared to do that then the world would be a better place.

One of the things we may well do at conference this year is play ‘Wommackian Bingo’. We will share out the various sayings of Andrew between the 4 of us and see who scores the most at the end of the conference! LOL!

6. Anne Banks says:

Thanks for that….we have done a lot of Andrew’s teachings and there is always something to have a giggle at! My favourite has to be the spirit of slap!

• TERESA SEITZ says:

I like the “spirit of slap” too!! I have been so blessed by Andrew. I was taking care of my 86 year old invalid Mom and I came across his cd’s. I did this for about 2 years before I started getting into the Word. He planted an invaluable seed… PRAISE GOD! ps Before that, I think the devil and I were heading in the same direction!

7. I like…. “you don’t need to fall apart like a $2 suitcase.”

8. Andrew has been my “guru” since 1996 and I love him. One of my favorites is –”How can you be that dumb and still breath”.
    Can you imagine what it would be like to get him and Joseph Prince together for a weekly conference?

9. LOL ON THIS ONE I JUST HEARD ANDREW SAY:
    “MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A SHEEP, BUT IT JOINED THE BABTIST CHURCH, AND DIED FROM LACK OF SLEEP”

10. Christoffer says:

- I am gonna be sayin some things that’re gonna probably offend nearly everybody in here. If you came looking for something to complain about, i’ve got some thing for you.
    - Thank you for that thundering silence
    - sounds like some people are already blessed

11. God hasn’t had anyone qualified working for him yet.

12. John Williams says:

I remeber he was speaking about his personal church in Colorado Springs. He said the pastor had mentioned they had around 3,ooo members and
    Andrew replied, “If you give it to me in a couple of weeks I’ll have it whittled down to 5 or 600.” I love him, God has used him to transform my life into a Grace teacher everywhere I go. When I heared him say “the power to change your life is in the Gospel” I was hooked. One more, “Peolpe get saved and are doing great, then, they go to church, thats when the trouble starts.”

Your site is awesome!!
    John

• John Thomas says:

I was “as a Christian”addicted to drugs for 20 years off and on I got my hands on Sharper than a Two-Edged Sword series and I have never been the same. By the way Jesus and a Pure Grace Mission and Paul had the First Pure Grace Ministry

13. Heres’ a good one. “You don’t have to agree with me– you have the right to be wrong

14. Jenny Kent says:

I think this is one of his most powerful statements
    “God allows what we allow.”
    Boy this makes you think and I heard Curry Blake saying the same thing.
    Awesome ! Love your articles Paul.
    Bless you

15. “You gotta use your brain for something other than a hat rack!”

16. Judy Fake says:

I like how he says ‘I’ve never drank a sip of coffee. If you want to, there is scripture for that. “If they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them”.
    I also like when he says about falling apart like a $2.00 suitcase.
    He also says a lot, ‘Man, that’s powerful!’
    I also like, ‘Don’t look at me in that tone of voice!’

17. I like how he says, “I haven’t arrived, but I’ve left!”

18. Grace Is The Answer says:

Amen or oh me.

19. AWESOME! Thank you all for taking time to share.

20. I like when he says God is no mad at you.

21. Nontokozo mlalazi says:

Wow i love wommacks teachings they have changed my life greatly guys il love someone who will send me stuff by wommack want to grow in the gospel

22. My all time favourite quote of Andrew Wommack’s was in the original version of his teaching “The True Gospel” in which he states that he would read God’s Word to get to know Him better, but God would sometimes disturb him. He said that he was told the Lord; “Don’t disturb me now, Lord! I’m reading the Word!” xD

23. Esther Martinez says:

My favorite: “Some ought to be glad I’m not God; cause’ I would’ve ‘dropped-kicked’ them right into outer space”

24. “There’s a reason they call them duh-sciples”

• Haha my wife and I love this one!

• Artsy Amy says:

That one is one of my favorites! What an awesome difference his teachings have made in my life, He has ignited a passion for the Word in me!

• deborah says:

I have had such a bad time for 40 years trying to find God in my life and after listening to Andrew since 3 months ago everything is turning around. The one that makes me laught the most is in the second of a better way to pray and he talks about persecution, and say’s how dumb some are telling God we need bags under our eyes healed, I laughed so much, that is me to a t.

25. You quoted a lot of my faves. Here’s one I heard today ” People are serving the GodFather rather than God the Father.” -Talking about tithing and people who think God’s gonna get his 10% if he has to break your legs. “You don’t have to tithe, God’s not angry, but you’re stupid if you don’t”

26. Great website! Being from Texas I relate very much to the way Andrew speaks…it reminds me exactly of some people I know. My walk with the Lord would not be the same without teachings from people like Andrew, Joyce Meyer and Dave Roberson…people that truly teach a balance of grace and faith. My favorite saying of Andrew’s is: “…don’t fall apart like a $2 suitcase.”

27. Ken Miles says:

I absolutely love your site, your posts, and Andrew Wommack.

He keeps it simple, so even I can understand the Gospel, that’s exactly what Jesus wants us to do.
    God Bless you all
    Ken

28. If you have the revelation of the love of God, it is impossible to be depressed.This is one statement that was just heard once by it stick to my mind and my spirit until now.

29. Peanut Brain (the way he says it makes me crack up)

30. “I never went to cemetery, I mean seminary”

31. “Thank you for that thunderous silence” and “If that don’t light your fire, your wood’s wet”

32. “How dumb can you get and still breath?!”

33. junaid esau says:

Fall apart like a two dollar suitcase. How dumb can you get and still breathe.

34. “It’s so simple that you need help to be confused”! LOL…..

35. I say to all that critized Andrew What if he is right (and I think he is) where does that leave you? Murray.

36. Jo Jean Knard says:

I like “the devil’s just a zero with the rim knocked off” and “God’s not mad-He’s not even in a bad mood!”

37. I always thought he was a chill and funny dude :). Good teacher! I’m also a Charis Bible College gratuate… “I was a heathen, now I’m going to heaven” :). That’s a new one for you. I also listen to joseph Prince. I thank GOD for you bro Paul! Keep doing what your doing- its a Blessing!

38. My favorite: “There sure are a lot of gullible people out there.”

39. Lemuel Pierrenoel says:

OH My GOODNESS!!! I love these quotes!! Andrew Wommack is amazing!! At times its like watching a comedian preach the word of God!!

40. In his book A BETTER WAY TO PRAY, “I’ll be sharing some things that will probably offend you; but rest assured that if I step on your toes, the Lord will heal them”. *Hilarious*

41. “Amen” or “Oh me”

42. I love Andrew Wommack!! He is used of God! Thank you for revelations and truthful insights.

43. Doris J. Gibson says:

I too just started listening to Andrew and bought several of his books. I thank God that he allows you to download his lessons free. What a life saver. I told the Lord today that I wanted to partner with him and I said hallelujah so any times after that.That is the Lords way of letting me know that he approves. I have no doubt that, that is what he wants me to do. He is a dynamic teacher. God Bless him because he has certainly blessed me to find him.

I also just started listening to Joseph Prince. The same thing happened to me when I asked about him also. Praise God. I have been serving the Lord for 36 years. I will be 72, 3/7/40 and still learning so much more. You all have a wonderful Blessed Day. I am glad I found you. Sister Doris J. Gibson

44. My husband just cracks up when Andrew says, “You think I’m wierd, well I think you’re wierd.” Love it. His teachings have changed my relationship with the Lord beyond measure.

45. Ruth Black says:

A man died in a “_” church and when the paramedics came they had to take out half the church before they found the dead man!

I’ve been listening to Andrew since the late ’80s, I love this man “peanut brains”!

46. Susie Dunlap says:

It is so fun to read these comments. I’ve learned from Andrew for the past twenty years, so I’ve heard all these things. As you’re laughing, he gives so much revelation of grace. Deeply love and respect this man!

47. We love Andrew and Jamie Wommack! We have been honored to have Andrew come to our church in Tennessee as a guest minister every year for 10 years now. These are some of my favorites-”You don’t go to church so God will love you more. You go to church so YOU will love God more” and “There’s nothing you can do to make God love you less, and there’s nothing you can do to make Him love you more” and “Cancer? (or whatever dire circumstance) Not a problem”

48. My favorite, How stupid can you be and still breathe!

49. deborahanne20 says:

I just discovered Andrew Wommack last week, When listening to part three of a better way to pray, I had tears pouring down my face, I have never laughed so much in my life(I am a dour Englishwoman) I was sorry to see that some think that he is a fraud, and in the same boat as the Benny Hinns, some people say they were involved with his ministry and he was dreadful and out for money. I hope it is not true, because he really does lift my spirits and has given me hope. I also listen a lot to Derick Prince on legacy radio.

• I am returning to Charis Bible College for a fourth year in a few months. I have had Andrew as a teacher, and I have been around the TV dept of his ministry. Let me assure you Andrew is the real deal. Anyone who thinks he is fraud simply hasn’t spent any time around him.

• Maggie Jarpey says:

I talked at length with a copyeditor, now a staff writer, for Andrew at one of his very early conventions where partners shared a lunch with staff, and she told me how Andrew acts with the staff. He’s no phoney. But I think anyone can tell that if they listen to him for a while. He tells stories on himself and exposes his own mistakes to help us avoid them. Not many teachers do that.

50. I am going by my recall,so if it is not exact forgive me.I heard Andrew say if all you can do is praise the Lord that the rope you are being hung with is new.Then praise Him! Gotta love it!

51. “Being a Christian without receiving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is like charging Hell with a water pistol.”

“Many people say I make light of sin, but I say they’re make light of Jesus’ sacrifice!”

“I am not promoting sin. You’re stupid if you sin, but God loves you stupid.”

“The more you seek God, the less you will sin on accident”

“I believe when you receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, you will be stronger than Horseradish!”

“Many people might say there was nothing good about Jesus dying on the cross….oh yeah there was…He saw you and me…and said their worth it. He looked at the benefit instead of the cost. He saw that through his sacrifice not only could he save us Spiritually he could save us physically.”

I could go on and on!! I love Andrew’s teachings they have changed my whole families life. I have met him a few times when he comes to Dallas to minister and he always willing to talk/pray/minister to me personally. I have been listening to his teaching since the mid 90′s and it is life changing. I plan on going to CBC as soon as possible.

52. My fav is – God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

53. Pecan – a pronounced “ah” – as said in the USA
    Pecan – a pronounced “as an a in can” – as said in England

AW was in England and someone said “pecan”. AW told them a pee can was something you used at night when you didn’t want to go to the outhouse.

• Artsy Amy says:

I live in the south and this made total sense to me. I heard something similar to what Andrew said when I was growing up.

54. Peter kolle says:

If you don´t dig a hole you will never find one.Has anyone ever heard Andrew say this?

55. @Deborahanne20- Once when Andrew came to our church, he asked if he could receive the evening offering, because he wanted to wait until the end of the service to receive it. We said, “sure”. He then proceeded to teach on giving sacrificially. It was a hard hitting challenge to not be attached to this world’s “stuff” . It was powerful!! He then asked the people to act on the Word he had just brought by being exceptionally generously toward the offering. I should have said earlier that this offering was entirely for him. After he received the offering, He said, “Now, just to abolish any ideas that I am a money grubbing preacher promoting my own self interest, I am going to give every penney of this offering back to this church.” Once the huge, offering was counted, he wrote us a check! I just wanted to let you know that Andrew Wommack is the real deal! I am glad you have discovered him!

56. “I can hear television sets all over the world turning off…”
    “Don’t look at me in that tone of voice…”
    “It’s pretty quiet in this Presbyterian church…”
    “Thank you for that thunderous silence…”

Thank God for Andrew Wommack and The Gospel Truth! He very simply showed me true grace, the tre Gospel, and the reality of who God is.

57. HI All, The site is great not to mention that it is also funny. HOWEVER, on behalf of all AWM translators could I ask you all native English speakers to help us understand the top 20 or more wommackisms. Tranlators would love to have accurate explanations of these Texan-Americanisms. Your efforts will result better foreign AW books throughout the world and will be rewarded in heaven. :) Zsolt

• Hi Zsolt, which ones? I live in Colorado. Most of what he says is just western country style, he’s just plain witty. My husband grew up right here in the Rockies and says a lot of the same things. When you grow up in the country with generations of old timers you make up your own humor and learn from grandpa.

58. Precious says:

thanks to the person that created this site. I just love andrew wommack, i HAVE NEVER PARTNERED WITH ANY PASTOR BEFORE, HE IS THE FIRST AND I JUST FEEL HONOURED TO BE A PART OF WHAT God is doing with this witty man of God.
    Bless you ANDY (He often says ‘This is just andyology’. lol)

59. “I know some of my staff call me Android Wommack” – from: “Harnessing Your Emotions”

60. I heard Andrew say yesterday on his t.v. show that if he and his wife, Jamie, ever get into a disagreement, he is able to out-talk her because he makes his living by talking. Then he added: “And if Jamie and I ever got into a physical fight, which we never do, but if we ever did get into a physical fight, I believe I could take her.” Then he chuckled and said, “Amen.”

I laughed out loud…rewound that part, and laughed out loud again. Hilarious!!

61. Tammy Robbins says:

I like it when Andrew refers to someone falling apart like a two dollar suitcase.

62. Maggie Jarpey says:

Andrew said that he was praying for revival and caught himself actually saying, “Lord, if you cared half as much for the people in this town as I do, we’d have it already!” And, then, of course, he realized how wrong his thinking was. And he stopped thinking that way. He said people don’t realize that when they are pleading with God for revival, that’s what they are really thinking. I am very grateful for Andrew (and, therefore, Jamie). I know someone who gets offended when he says, “Pull your thumb out of your mouth, and grow up!” But I always laugh…and pull my thumb out of my mouth.

63. Did anyone mention “your little peanut brain?”

64. Maggie Jarpey says:

How about “I’m still green and growing”? Encouraging. Fits with Ph. 1:6.

65. john love says:

How about this one. Get all you can- — can all you get—- then sit on your can

66. Andrew is at the moment my fav preacher,I try to listen to as many of his stuff.
    I believe he is anointed by God,he is true and just

67. He said referring to someone attributing sickness and disease to God,as he paused for a second and said,”Excuse me for bein blunt,but how dumb can you be and still breathe”? Hilarious!

68. bola fabola says:

i love andrew.. i love ti hear him say ‘ this is so simple, you need someone to help you to misunderstand it.’

69. jimmysugar says:

I like it when it’s really quiet and he goes: “it’s quiet in this presbytarian church”

And: “I’m preaching better than you are listening!”

70. “Pilate, are your hands clean now?” LOL
    “Man, that´s a powerful, powerful statement.” :)
    “This can literally change your life.”

I´ve been listening to Andrew´s teachings for 2 months and feel in love with Jesus again, after 15 years of being a christian. Hallelujah!

• I listen to him about 3 times a day when i get up and when i go to bed, I have spent my entire christian life wondering why God never showed up. Then about 6 months ago I discovered Andrew. My whole life has turned around. Everything he says is exactly what I beleived, but never had confirmation. They guy is brilliant. I like where he talks about hovering over Jerusalem. After the Pilate remark. My heart has changed.

• Exactly! It´s like “I knew this, God´s been telling me these things!” but I couldn´t verbalize it until I heard Andrew.
        God bless you Deborah.

71. How could you be this dumb and still breath!!

72. I STARTED TO LISTEN TO ANDREW YEARS AGO ON THE RADIO,I CANT SAY IF THATS WHEN I STARTED ON THE ROAD TO FREEDOM,BUT IT SURE HELPED
    EARL

73. His teachings are identical with brother Hagin and Copeland. Was he once with these men of God?

• i don’t know if he learned from them directly, but he thanks the Lord for “copeland-hagin!” (like the city)
      ;)

• Maggie Jarpey says:

Copeland appears to have been Andrew’s first teacher (as he was mine), but Andrew has distanced himself from Copeland in latter years. I suspect it’s because of Copeland’s money emphasis, which is the reason I stopped listening to him even though he is still preaching good things. But I think the money emphasis is a weakness. An example of the difference: Copeland has private jets whereas Andrew flies commercial, just as you and I do. I will always be grateful for what I’ve learned from Copeland (who in turn learned from Hagin), and Andrew obviously honors him for that too. But they never appear together at any doings. Andrew has often preached that you shouldn’t give him or anyone else money unless you can do it cheerfully, in faith, because if it is not in faith, you’ll receive no blessing from it. And he has preached that even if you don’t tithe, God loves you just as much as if you did tithe, and you can receive healing, etc., from God by means of your faith in His Word even if you don’t tithe. But, he points out, tithing is good, and you should do it just because it is God’s plan. I can’t imagine Copeland preaching this or giving out free teachings (Andrew even paid the postage in the old days when people requested free tapes). So that is the difference between them.

74. Taiwo Ikuesan says:

I started listening to Andrew Wommack this year.What I have learnt from him through the inspiration of Holy Ghost is more than my entire years of being a Christian.I love when he says “don’t look at me with that tone of voice” I won’t agree with me,we both be wrong”.

Taiwo, United Kingdom

75. Lars Welle says:

Super! I like Andrew Wommack very much. His teachings has changed my life and thinking. So i am a fan already :-)

“If you are shoot at nothing, you will end up hitting it every time”
    -In God we trust.-

• Lars, me too! I studied under Andrew last year as part of their Pastor’s Education upgrade program designed for men like us already in ministry. It was incredibly good. I especially appreciate how Andrew chooses teachers who may or may not teach the same — that’s security!
      I don’t think I can add to this list of Wommackisms that I haven’t already. So I guess I will just add this… and it may help others now struggling with their call. When quizzed privately Andrew said that if he could do anything differently than what he did in life, he said, “I would have taken a job outside the ministry when I first started, so I would have provided for my family”. All of us have heard the flip side of Preachers testimonies of sleeping on concrete floors believing for food. It sounds sacrificial and praiseworthy. It is not! Full-time ministry does NOT require the “price payed”. Get to WORK!
      This word is for someone reading this. “go to work” For your wife and family. Do THIS first before relying on the giving of God’s people.

• Lars Welle says:

BGCampbell
        Did you really get the chanse to study under Andrew Wommacks teaching?
        You are so blessed. I wish i could do that too.
        I live in Norway, and we dont have any ministry of Andrew Wommack here yet. But it will come eventually.
        So, last 4 years i have listen to his teaching in mp3, reading and study on my own. In trust of that God want me to be usable.
        Now, 14 days ago, my pastor want me in to the leadership with him in my church. Which is a very scary tought, since our church has a lot of isues with religious traditions. It is over my head.
        It is an “all trust in God thing” or “do it your self and get crushed”. And still, i really look forward to help building church.
        Andrews teachings has been very helpful in preparing the foundation in me.

God bless U.

• Maggie Jarpey says:

I’m glad you brought this to attention–Andrew has often talked about it, because–bless him–he does talk about his mistakes. But some may not have heard him discuss it.

76. seun ariyo says:

“everybody hates me,nobody loves me…”

77. Martin Olson says:

How about this one “if some of you were arrested for being a Christian, there wouldn’t be enough evidence to convict you! And “I’m preaching better than your listening!”

78. this is one of THE most important truths that god has shown me…..i have a three part album on this……

79. ……..in 1972,when jamie and i first got married……….

80. you all come across as Christians. but some of your comments have me perplexed. i don’t know what God would think about being called a comedian and your continually calling those who are uninformed to your way of thinking or just in general as stupid and dumb doesn’t seem to me to be quite Christian. you all speak of grace but i don’t think any of you really have an idea of what grace is. if you did the attitudes you ascribe to as mentioned above would not be any part of your life. people are not dumb or stupid. uninformed or uneducated to the ways God wishes for us to live sounds closer to the way God might think of His lost sheep. and we are all lost sheep because of our human nature. but that doesn’t mean we can’t find God. think before you speak lest God think of you as uninformed but i am sure He would never think of you as dumb or stupid

• Maggie Jarpey says:

I understand your point, and it’s a valid one, but I think these things are a matter of personality. I know someone who gets offended when Andrew says, “Take your thumb out of your mouth and grow up,” whereas I just laugh and take my thumb out of my mouth. This is why there are different preachers and teachers to appeal to different people. We respond better to certain personalities. I would not talk to people the way Andrew does (“How dumb can you be and still breathe”),because that’s not my style–but I enjoy his style, and it never offends me. I just think to myself, “That really was dumb to be thinking that way!” However, I respect the point you made, and I think some of us (including me) need reminders to be considerate of fellow Christians’ feelings and to keep an inner attitude of honoring, respecting, and even cherishing our brothers and sisters instead of feeling superior because we think we understand some issue better than they do (that might be true, but they might be understanding something else better than we do, and God has warned us not to compare ourselves).

• If you are referring to my comment about Jesus’ analogy of He and His followers as “the Shepherd and sheep” on the “Confronting Hyper-Grace” thread, I think you completely missed my point. I did use the words STUPID and DUMB so I thought you must be talking about my mine. Please read it again and you will surely come up with a different conclusion.

• Florence Hale says:

Throughout Scripture, we are referred to as sheep. Sheep are stupid. That’s why they need a shepherd.

81. I am dumb and stupid, maybe you are perfect. God has a sense of humor, you obviously were not given one.

• yeah he does! havent you ever thought how funny it was for Jesus to have peter go fishing to get a coin from a fish’s mouth? in the conversation leading up to that… i can hear Jesus laughing when He says “well then, the children are free!” :)

82. Johnny Dinash says:

Met AW middle 2010. God’s hand.

83. When the doctor tells you’ve got cancer you fall appart like a $2 suitcase. Either God heals you or you get to be with Him soon, you can’t loose from winning!

84. He always says he isn’t attractive and has an awful voice, I love his accent it is brilliant,, and he has a sweet face too. He said he gets called Android Wommack by his students. He reminds me of a dear little dolly I had my dad brought back from the States in the 60′s she was called Penny Brite. He is so funny and has that same smile. I wonder if he ever reads this blog.

85. Vicki Fay says:

I have really enjoyed reading the comments by fellow Wommack fans. I was crippled by legalism in my previous church and with Andrews help and Gods grace I am free. Praise God. I can’t wait to see Andrew when he comes to Australia in October. He makes me laugh and I think he is a great teacher.

• Maggie Jarpey says:

I’m so glad Andrew is going to Australia. I was born there and have “rellies” there. Some live around Melbourne and some in Tasmania. Maybe his ministry could reach someone who could reach them.
      I have found that the best Bible teachers always have some humor to share. For me Andrew is the best of the best. I met him twice, at conferences–standing in line to meet him–and saw him listen to a little, elderly lady tell him how his teaching encouraged her to stand against her cat allergy, and “now I can sleep with my kitty.” He patted her hand and told her how happy he was to hear that. And I know he is not a big cat lover (though I am).
      Also, I met a person on his staff who was a copyeditor (like me) for his newsletter, now a writer, and she told me how Andrew is exactly what he appears to be–always. But I figured that.
      I wrote a novel for Amazon’s Kindle and put Andrew in the dedication as my favorite Bible teacher, whose teachings helped form the underpinnings of the worldview of my fiction book (against the popular “sovereignty” belief).

86. How about this one: “Some of you don’t have enough evidence to be convicted of being Christians”

87. He’s a good teacher. I like this one: “If that dudn’t light your fire your woods wet”

88. Therese Nkafu says:

it is life changing to listen to Andrew Wommack and read his books, i made some big decisions after listening to his teachings and feel good, in addition to that it is free , Although i sometimes donate but that’s because i have it,
    Glad I also met him in a conference and spoke with him.I have a total different idea of great men of God. SIMPLE,
    Bless him and Jamie,

89. “This will make you stick out like a healed thumb”

90. His Name says:

You’re stupid if you don’t let the Bible get in the way if your thinking, but God still loves you – stupid.

91. Jaap Geense says:

It’s really that simple, You need help to don’t understand it.

92. I like how he defines Greek and Hebrew words and explains them. One time I heard him say “and in that verse, do you know what the Greek meaning of the word translated as “everything” means? It means everything.” I love him!

• David Porter says:

We sing “When we all get to Heaven – what a day that will be”.
      Then the doctor says ‘You’re going’ and you burst out crying.
      Something’s wrong with this picture.
      Also
      We sing: “In the sweet by & by”.
      But it’s in the rought now & now
      that we need the physical benefits of salvation.

• After realising that the problems with the various soils, in the parable, was that the soils that didn’t produce crops were soils, not that were lacking, but that had extra things (birds, rocks, thorns), declared: “That’s good. I can be less.”

Similarly he says, “I’m glad I haven’t got any abilities. It must be so hard for those of you who have: they’d get in the way of God working through you.”

And: “If it ain’t supernatural, it’s superficial.”

93. Love Andrew. I think this is how it goes: “Some Christians are as strait as a gun barrel and twice as empty!”

94. I’ve been listening to Andrew since the late ’80′sm and I’ve found him to be the ‘real deal’. I have never run across any other minister in my neck of the woods who offers his teachings tapes/CDs for free if you can’t pay. Also, every teaching is available for free download on his website. Who does that?! Someone sincere who really trusts in God to provide, that’s who. I received a lot of Andrew’s tapes for free in my early days of listening to him (I have many shoeboxes full of them and I still listen to them on my ‘ancient’ tape recorder), and now I’m thankful to be able to give back to his ministry so that others can be blessed the same way I was. It’s so funny to listen to his older tapes because his voice is so high compared to now, and he talks so fast. lol

Two of the Wommackisms that have had a profound effect on me are these:

1. “The gospel is so simple you need someone to help you to misunderstand it.”
    2. ” You’ll live more holy accidentally than you ever did on purpose.” (i.e., when resting in the finished work of Christ instead of relying on our own works to be right with God)

How true!

• Maggie Jarpey says:

I’ve had the same experience, since around 1978, when I started listening to Andrew on the radio. I received three free tapes a week (not even paying for postage) and never a request for money. Andrew is indeed “the real deal.” I am so grateful to God for him. I especially appreciate how he tells of his mistakes and what he learned from them. Not many people do that, but it is of invaluable help. Also, he tells of learning from other Bible teachers, whereas many Bible teachers seem to feel they can learn from no one else. He is not in bondage to wanting riches, and he is not proud. And I loved it when he said that if you were agreeing with everything he had said, there was something wrong, because you should be getting some revelations from God yourself.

• Abiaeme Johnson says:

Spot on. Just loving that. Gosple is so simple you need someone to help you misunderstand it

95. Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There’s a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

96. Don’t sit at home watching ‘As the stomach turns’ eating bonbons…

97. Today I heard him say “For many of you, this will put a new wrinkle in your brain.” Lol. Just what I need!

98. i just laughed at all ur comments!!! LOL i LOVE andrew, wow what a breath of fresh air after dealing and growing up w/ so many legalistic preachers…hes is truly an anointed man of God. i love him, joseph prince and frederick k. price. they taught me so much stuff that i hadnt learned in growing up in church…may the Lord keep blessing them

99. sylvia Elizondo says:

“If this doesn’t light your fire your wood is wet”

100. I have people write me and say “You’re Gomer Pyle!, You’re as plain as dirt!” LOVE Andrew! Took me awhile to warm up to him though. I was one of the people who thought he was Gomer! :)

101. Over 20 years ago I hear Wommack say “Bloom where you’re planted!”

What a wise thing to say…and a wonderful thing to do.

102. “How dumb can you be and still breathe!”

103. Mukiza Jonathan says:

My favourite which i had never heard before till i heard him preach here in Uganda…’smocking won’t send you to hell but you will smell like you have been there!’

104. Mary Lou Emrich says:

I like Andrew’s quote “If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!” I love this man. What a gift!!

105. This one caught me… Opinions are like noses, everyone has one and they always have a couple of holes in them. (paraphrase but close…)

106. When someone is sick . . . ” its not a pill they need, but the ‘gospill’ (gospel).”

107. Allen Moses says:

I live in South africa I’m so blessed by this HiCKY from texas I love it when he say!I can hear televisions going off because of what he is saying hahahahaaaaaaaa!

108. Ann Kabasinguzi says:

I love Andrew to bits…my pray is to meet him one to one day…hope he will not turn me into a “thunderous silence”, find my “wood wet”, and “when he steps on my toes, I know God will heal them”

109. We love Andrew Wommack. We’ve gotten to a point where we aren’t just living on Andrew’s revelations, we are getting our own. He’s coming to Detroit on April 25th at Cobo Hall. We will be there and we can’t wait to meet him!

110. syrselden says:

I like “That’s just ignorance gone to seed ” and “If that doesn’t light your fire then your wood is wet” lol

111. Ditto to many of the favorite quotes already shared! I was so surprised, and blessed, to find this site. I had typed in “quotes by Andrew Wommack” but would never have known a site like this existed. LOVE reading all these!

112. Love Andrew Wommack and his sayings, all my favorites are listed here. He was the first teacher who opened my eyes to how radical and complete God’s grace is. That all sin had been paid for once and for all by Jesus and God was not holding anything against me. What a life-changing revelation that has set me free. Hasn’t been an easy road since I begin sharing grace with others but the price has been worth it all…who can put a price on freedom? And all His teachings are available free on his website, what a blessing He is to millions of people.

113. Martin says:

Hahahahaaa…. Well I know you are saying they dont teach that in our church, but of course, thats exactly why I did not come to your church!.

114. Martin says:

Well you cant praise God with your thumb in your mouth, you’ve got to pull your thumb out of your mouth and grow up!

115. “You might think I’m wierd, but I think you’re weird” “I don’t want to agree with you or we’d both be wrong”

116. I like the way he refers to The Gospel as the, “Almost too good to be true news”.

117. Claire Garner says:

Just love this man and his teachings! “Man, that’s powerful stuff!” Great to see how others enjoy his “weirdness” Sometimes I tell my daughter I am feeling the spirit of slap coming on. She laughs.

118. Perhaps it’s a tone thing, but I have a really hard time understanding how calling people stupid and dumb communicates anything but shame. How can one communicate the grace and gospel of Jesus Christ through shame? The gospel is good news. Anything that results in shame is decidedly not.

• i hear you bro but
      Jesus called his own disciples fools & spiritually retarded
      Luk 24:25-Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
      In Matthew 23:15, He referred to them as being a blond guides leading people away from truth
      In Matthew 23:33, He called them – “serpents” and a “generation of vipers.”
      In Matthew 23:27, He called them – “whited sepulchres.” clean gravesides but full of rotten & decaying flesh
      “But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.” -Matthew 16:23
      He called Peter Satan to his face in front of everybody
      “Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?” -John 6:70
      he called Judas as devil ..while he was still trailing with him
      Jesus’ didn’t seem to regard His own family either…
      “Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?” -Matthew 12:47-48

He referred to them as such to open their eyes to their own stupidity, irrationality, absurdity, and moral delinquency.
      Jesus Wasn’t Hesitant to Offend People with the Truth
      Jesus was love personified & with our flaw ..i think we can sometimes adopt a view of Christ & Christianity and actually become sweeter than Jesus ..if that possible ..and its not :)
      thats my 2 cents .
      I’m just saying

• Also, Paul, the apostle of grace, didn’t hold back from calling the Galatians foolish, “You foolish Galatians..”, because they (the Galatians) had begun to heed aspects of the Law and rely on the arm of the flesh instead of resting in the finished work of Christ.

• Hooray to MJ

• So good, thank you! Good for our stupid pride!
        “if you’re stupid before you’re born again, being born again will not make you less stupid” A. Wommack

• I can’t believe you guys are seriously insisting on this line of thinking.

Lets come at this from another angle. What positive purpose is served from calling people stupid? Do you believe that people are not aware that their sin represent poor choices? How does calling them stupid drive them into the arms of Jesus?

And from yet another angle. If Jesus, who made the world and knows the most intimate thoughts of every man woman and child to have ever been born, chooses to use colorful language to describe the people he came in contact with, does that give you or me the right to do the same? Do YOU know the most intimate thoughts of those you would call fools or stupid? Are YOU God? And further, did Jesus EVER call someone stupid when they came to him in their brokenness? The woman caught in adultery? Surely this is what he should have said, if he were like Wommack… “Neither do I judge you, go your way and sin no more you stupid whore.”

About the only thing one could safely draw from scripture is to call someone foolish if they, like the Galatians, choose to continue to believe that their efforts are required for the myriad of things freely given to us in Christ. Oh foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you? And even that is more likely to just incite argument and defiance unless you hold a place in their hearts like Paul did in the Galatians.

• To Nick Pritchard- Peace. I do hear what you are saying, but to put things into perspective, in the few rare instances I’ve ever heard Andrew Wommack say on any of the many tapes/CD’s I have by him, “How stupid can you get and still breathe?’, it was never spoken in the context of someone hurting or in the pain of brokenness, but in response to a legalistic or ‘Galatianistic’ attitude or action. In all the years I’ve listened to Andrew Wommack, I cannot (not even for a moment) imagine him ever in a million years addressing someone as ‘you stupid whore’, as you likened he might say to the woman caught in the act adultery in the last sentence of your third paragraph above. Not ever. It’s perfectly okay to disagree with what someone says, but its unfair to put words in their mouth that are not there.

• KF – Peace indeed. Truly.

I wasn’t really saying that was how Wommack would respond to the woman caught in adultery. I don’t even know the man or his teachings. And if that caused offense, I apologize. I was using an extreme and saying it for a bit of shock value to illustrate a point. If it has value at all, why not take it to the next level where surely there will be even more value… So I can’t call her a stupid whore, but I can call her stupid?

So, a toned down version might be. “Neither do I judge you, despite the fact that you are stupid for committing adultery. Go and sin no more.” As if the woman caught in adultery needed the obvious pointed out to her.

2 responses ago, someone quoted Wommack as saying… “if you’re stupid before you’re born again, being born again will not make you less stupid”. This doesn’t seem to me to be spoken to someone who is dealing with a self righteous, works based mentality, but rather to a sinner who is getting saved. Jesus loves the sinner, so much that he bled and died for them. Heck, Jesus loves the religious, so much that be bled and died for them. Surely those he died for deserve to be treated with dignity. When they have been so valued by the Son of God, how can I do any less? And so the same questions I’ve already asked persist.

• Peace back to you Nick, and apology accepted. I think things have become misconstrued since the many ‘Wommackisms’ mentioned here are just isolated one-liners pulled out of the much bigger context in which they were originally spoken by Andrew. It’s completely logical and understandable how any number of them could come off as being offensive to anyone unfamiliar with Andrew, or to anyone who hasn’t heard the particular teaching that the one-liner was culled from in its entirety.

I especially know this to be the case with the line you mentioned, “if you’re stupid before you’re born again, being born again will not make you less stupid”. I have the particular teaching that was taken from (“Spirit, Soul, and Body”) and it’s not offensive at all in its full context. Andrew wasn’t addressing a particular individual caught in sin, but instead he was confronting the mistaken notion some have in Chritendom when they read the Scripture, “the old has gone- behold all things are made new”. He talks about how some take that Scripture to mean that once they accept Christ, they won’t have any more problems and that their lives will be now be instantly perfect in every way.

And that was just a partial quote, by the way. The full quote goes on to say, “and if you’re bald before you got saved, you’ll still be bald right after you get saved; and if you have pimples before you get saved, you’ll still have pimples right after you get saved; and if your poor before got saved, you’ll still be poor right after you get saved; and if you have gray hair before you got saved, you’ll still have gray hair right after you get saved; and if you’re fat before you got saved, you’ll still be fat right after you get saved.., etc.” Andrew was making the point in his down-home way that it was the spirit part of us that was changed and made instantly new, holy and righteous the moment we believed in Christ, not our bodies or outside circumstances. I hope that helps to clear some things up. I don’t think anyone here is encouraging fellow believers to make a practice of calling people in sin stupid (at least that’s not the sense I get, nor is it my own intention or practice to do that). Peace.

119. Great sayings all of them ..many I’ve heard before in one form or exactly the same by Kenneth Hagin ,Fred Price & Norvel hayes etc…
    im glad there is people like Bro Wommack passing these sayings down to this generation

120. Priscilla says:

I also too have listened too Andrew Wommack but have to say he still preaches a thiting law. I stared listening to Bertie Brits from South Africa. He gives all of his books and teachings away and comes to the USA every year no law teaching at all. I am should anyone on this discussion would enjoy Bertie.

121. Hahaa… Lovely site.

Coming from a Baptist background, I find this particularly hilarious

“MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A SHEEP, BUT IT JOINED THE BAPTIST CHURCH, AND DIED FROM LACK OF SLEEP”

But I am still very thankful to God for my Baptist upbringing.

122. Forgive me for offering this testimony to Andrew’s ministry for God. With the exception of the person who helped to bring me to Christ there is no other man to whom I owe a greater debt. 1 year ago to the day at a Grace & Faith event at Telford I was in a group Andrew prayed for to receive baptism in the Spirit. Though nothing seemed to happen at the time the spiritual atmosphere I lived in changed. Through this and listening to his messages (which he gives away) my life has been radically transformed.

“Here’s my point” though I cannot for certain refute every allegation made against Andrew none of them resonate with my spirit. I agree with all who have said here that they think he is the real deal. Listen to him without prejudice with ears to hear and seek baptism in the HS.

ps at the risk of sounding sycophantic your stuff is top notch too- keep it up.
    Grace, and the peace it brings, be to you.

123. Ayotunde says:

(Teaching on how to overcome temptation) You get into a relationship so you can look good and people can admire you and say “look what he’s got”, and when the belly drops below the belt, you get a divorce and get into another relationship only to discover it’s the same problem after a while, and then he yells, it’s because you are the problem!

124. Jenny Walton says:

“Even an old blind squirrell will get a nut or two if he doesn’t give up.”

125. which teaching does AW mention that some people preach the godfather rather than God the Father? It was funny. Think it was to do with tihes/offerings